Espressos have always been a popular type of coffee among coffee enthusiast. Espressos are rich in taste, aroma and color. Making a perfect cup of espresso on your own is not at all an easy task. Even though you can seek the help of an espresso maker for brewing espresso but then you must know how to use it accurately in order to get that perfect cup of espresso. Most of the people probably like to the rich traditional flavor of Italian espresso in their drink and thus they buy an espresso maker that can assist them in this task. However, in order to brew a perfect Italian espresso from your espresso maker you must keep the following things in mind.
Are all the Machines Suitable for Making Espresso?
Are all the machines suitable for brewing espresso? This is a question that comes to our mind very often and the answer to it no. Not every machine is made to brew espresso however you may find few machines that are sold under the tag of “espresso machines” but doesn’t meet your expectations well. These machines generally use steam pressure for brewing and are “Moka” style machines. In order to get a good cup of espresso the pressure of the machine must be at least 9 so as to allow the water to pass through the ground coffee with an accurate force.
Procedure for Brewing Perfect Italian Espresso with the help of Your Espresso Machine
There are various steps involved in brewing that perfect cup of Italian espresso from your coffee maker. Making Italian espresso is not that easy as you have to keep all the minute details in mind while preparing it. These details include roasting and grinding of the coffee beans, brewing it at the right temperature, tamping them and then finally preparing the espresso. You must also know whether your machine is steam or pump driven before you begin making your Italian espresso. Undertake the following steps in order to get the rich taste of Italian espresso in your drink.
- Simultaneously preheat the beverage as well as the glass because it will be served afterwards.
- Now begin with the grinding of the coffee beans using the grinder.
- Make use of a piece of cloth in order to remove the porter filter.
- While undertaking the grinding process, do make sure to put in enough coffee so that the basket gets filled evenly and immediately stop the grinder.
- Make sure that the basket is leveled evenly. This can be done by just pushing and pulling them in the backwards direction to the opposite side. The basket must be filled well.
- Use the pressure to press down the tamper. Now you can pour about 2 ounces of water so as to ensure that water flows out through the group’s head.
- Switch on the pump. Whenever you are all set and ready to pour start the timing.
Make sure that your warm your cups a little bit so as to ensure the quality of your espresso. However there are certain machines that feature an inbuilt cup warmer. Moreover, you can even pour boiling water in your cups in order to preheat it and keep the boiled water in cup for about 30 seconds before brewing. This will help you get that perfect cup of espresso that too in your favorite Italian style.
Some other Important Points
- Coffee beans from places like Brazil, Kenya and California are likely to give best results because these places have high altitudes and are world known for growing supreme quality coffee beans.
- Do not store the coffee beans in extremely cold place or a wet place as this might result in loss of flavor and quality of the beans.
- Also opt for freshly grinded and roasted coffee beans as they will offer best taste and flavor to your espresso.
Coffee beans are a crucial aspect of your espresso. They can make or ruin the taste of your espresso. So, it’s very important to get the perfect quality beans for brewing your espressos in Italian style.
Italian espressos are known for their rich traditional taste, aroma and quality. We often visit big coffee shops to get that perfect flavor and taste of Italian espresso. However, you can now get the rich taste and aroma of Italian espresso at the comfort of your home by using your espresso maker accurately.